So… I posted two days ago saying I probably wouldn’t blog again until after Keggy joins this world and here I am writing again! Sorry for a bit of a blog overload!
This post is purely about food! It’s no secret I love food and it’s also pretty widely known I post much of what I eat on instagram. Yep, I’m one of ‘those’ people.
As I go into my last week of work, I wanted to make sure I had my breakfasts sorted and have one less thing to think about as I try to wrap up an entire year into a few pages of handover notes. My best friend V gave me this recipe and said she wasn’t sure if I’d make it because it wasn’t overly healthy but maybe I could hippy-fy it. I did just that and sent it back to her to try (as she’d obviously tried the original) and she told me how much she loved it and has since sent it back to her friends at work who all used to love the original. Hooray for healthy and delicious!
This recipe can be made gluten free (as long as your oats are gluten free) sugar free and dairy free. So here it is – healthy strawberry baked oatmeal slice – hope you love it! Tag me on instagram if you make it!
* * *
Healthy strawberry baked oatmeal slice
Makes six serves
What you’ll need…
* 2 cups rolled oats (not porridge oats)
* 1/4 rice malt syrup
* 1 teaspoon baking powder
* 1/4 teaspoon salt
* 1 teaspoon cinnamon
* 1 cup almond milk (or milk of your choice)
* 1 large egg
* 2 teaspoons vanilla
* 1/4 cup water
* 1 medium ripe banana, mashed
* 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil OR melted butter, cooled
* 3/4 cup strawberries, chopped (about 6 large or 10 medium to small)
– – –
- Preheat oven to 190 degrees celsius. Spray a square baking dish with oil and line with baking paper.
- In a large bowl, combine the oats, syrup, baking powder, salt and cinnamon and mix well. Add the milk, egg, vanilla and water and mix into the oats.
- Add the banana, coconut oil (or butter) and stir to combine. Gently stir through the strawberries.
- Pour the batter into the lined tin and bake for 30 – 35minutes or until the edges are golden brown and the top is set.
- Allow to cool completely in the tin.
To serve, slice into six large pieces and warm through slightly with some almond milk (or your milk of choice).